Let’s be frictionless!
In just a few months, Scoop.it has known great success as a stand-alone platform by making curation a simple and new form of expression on the Web. So much so that the feedback we had from some of our most advanced users was that Scoop.it became a very central part of their social media experience.
Hence the next logical step for us: removing all friction Scoop.it could cause them by being yet another platform they had to use on top of the rest. Another destination site to maintain, another site to log on to, etc…
With this release, curation is not a stand-alone act any more. Users will not only have more sharing options than the current Twitter and Facebook ones, but they will also be able to use their curation on the destination platform of their choice: on top of building their audience on their Scoop.it page as they do now, they’ll be able to bring their Scoop.it curated content to their existing blogs (Tumblr, WordPress) or to their Facebook pages.
Check out Helene’s use case, and see what she’s now able to do with Scoop.it!
A batch of new amazing features!
- New sharing options: you can now share your curated content to your blogs (Tumblr, WordPress), your LinkedIn Profile or your Facebook pages. Of course, you can still share on Facebook and Twitter.
- Widgets: embed your topic on your blog or website to let your readers know the last posts of your topic. Or just use the Profile Widget to link your Scoop.it profile to your blog/website. Install them right now!
- Seesmic integration: Tomorrow, Scoop.it will be integrated to Seesmic world-class social media client (desktop version: download it here): scoop any content from any of your feeds, check out your suggestions directly from the client or browse your followed topics alongside your tweets! All in one place.
- API: Got cool ideas on how to make Scoop.it more awesome? We are opening up our API just for you!
- And last but not least, you, dear Scoop.it early-adopter, now decide who should join Scoop.it and share the fun (invites available to active curators)!
Oh! And one more thing, now top topics are ranked on a weekly basis to have more dynamism. Of course, there are many other small features in this new release, we let you discover them on your own!
The Scoop.it Team