SMBs can generate leads through content thanks to lean content marketing

No matter what your business model is, content is still king. One research study a few years ago revealed that many B2B marketers have documented plans to increase their lead generation budgets by up to 50% the following year. That investment is still on the rise overall.”

Read the full article at: neilpatel.com

When we think about successful content marketing, the first thing that comes to most minds is RedBull. Fortunately for every marketer in this world – including myself -, over the past 5 years content marketing became lean. That means SMBs can now generate leads through content because it is now:

  • experimentable & scalable: traditional marketing required money, time and complexity. Now you can get started small with online tools, try it out for yourself in a few hours, and then grow.
  • leverageable: this is probably the most important part. Becoming a media would remain tough and out of scope for small companies with limited budgets if there weren’t many ways to piggyback on existing resources and audiences. But through guest blogging, content curation and good community management, startups and SMBs can get way more return for their content efforts.
  • measurable: “Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is I don’t know which half” is no longer true. You can track, measure and analyze to separate what works from what doesn’t. Better yet, “what works” does not need to be gut feel anymore: you can not only measure what brings traffic but also how much that traffic converts into leads and customers.

If you want to generate leads through content marketing in general and blogging in particular, here are the 3 pillars to consider:

content hub and goog distribution to landing pages for lead generation

And don’t forget that only 20% of your content should be about your brand, so the remaining 80% have to answer questions your audience needs insight on.

Bonus tip: click here to get a step by step methodology to create good blog posts and make sure they perform well.

And if you’d like to see how content curation can help you improve SEO, you should read this eBook!

improve SEO the power of content curation - CTA end article download ebook

Rate this post: 1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (3 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

Loading...

About the Author

Julie Gauthier
Julie has been our Director of Marketing. Before joining the other side of the Force, Julie was a client of Scoop.it while managing the Marketing of another SaaS software start-up in San Francisco for 2 years (Ivalua). With a Master’s Degree in Consulting from Audencia Graduate School of Management, Julie has lived in 4 different countries and worked in Marketing and Consulting for Apple, l’Oréal, Cartier and Weave Consulting. Besides being a tech nerd tweeting about New Technologies (@JulieGTR), Julie is a pretty serious sports addict (ski, muay thai, field hockey, tennis, etc.), a traveling fanatic and a foodie (either in the privacy of her kitchen or at new trendy restaurants).
Read previous post:
The top 10 software development blogs in 2015

From aspiring developers struggling through their first Intro to CS class to industry pros implementing the latest refinements to Google...