More than 82% of global content marketers have integrated content curation with their content marketing strategy. Additionally, a recent survey found that 7 out of every 11 curated Facebook posts are seen by more than 750,000 people.
As the digital landscape continues to evolve, so must our content marketing strategies. Sharing curated content is one of the most effective ways to maximize your reach and grow your business in 2023.
By leveraging this powerful technique, you can expand your online presence and create an engaged customer base. With a few simple steps and a little know-how, you can quickly become an expert at curating content that will effectively reach and engage your target audience.
What is Curated Content?
Content curation is a process by which individuals and organizations create, organize, and share content from various sources. It involves selecting, organizing, annotating, and presenting content found on the web or in other databases. It aims to provide users with better access to relevant information in their respective fields.
This can be achieved by creating an organized overview of resources available online such as news articles, blog posts, podcasts, videos, etc., that are explicitly tailored toward a specific topic or interest area.
Content curators will use their editorial skills to select the most pertinent and reliable pieces of content related to any subject matter to give their readers the best possible experience when engaging with it.
Benefits of Sharing Curated Content.
Thought Leadership – Apart from influencing potential customers on the web, more than 85% of content curators said that they did this to establish themselves as thought leaders in their industry niche. They believe building ties with influential companies and bloggers and demonstrating authority are both facilitated by content curation.
The Social Fibre – Further, ‘social curation’ is also coming up pretty fast as the newest form of the existing content curation techniques. It’s the process of integrating social media strategy with content marketing where businesses and brands look for sterling social media content pieces and re-use those for their own social channels. This is one of the best ways to enhance your brand outreach and impact on social media channels by educating your users.
Information Obesity – According to Beth Kanter, probably one of the biggest names in the content curation arena, – “Content curation is the process of sorting through the vast amounts of content on the web and presenting it in a meaningful and organized way around a specific theme. The work involves sifting, sorting, arranging, and publishing information.”
Admittedly in this information fuelled user culture, brands have realized that sharing outdated and stale content will not spark their users’ minds anymore. Fresh and creatively engaging content pieces can only do this trick.
Brand visibility & reputation – One-way content curation is used to achieve this by enabling brands to access industry-specific expertise they may not possess in-house. Today brands can reach their potential leads in no time through robust lead-finding tools without influencing their minds previously.
But, by utilizing the knowledge of experts in their fields, brands can develop effective strategies that enhance their presence online and build trust with potential customers. Additionally, sharing relevant third-party content can help brands establish themselves as thought leaders in their respective industries, which leads to increased brand recognition and, ultimately, more customers.
There’s an awesome Infographic published by Curata on this subject,
Content Curation process – Relevancy & High-Quality.
This process is critical, and it’s not stepless. There are different stages of the content curation process that you will have to follow strictly to achieve the best results.
- Aggregate – It’s the process of aggregating content from different sources like news websites, social media channels, blogs, memes, customer success stories, and whatnot.
- Distill – List the most influential content or post on the top of your curated list and share only those to enhance your user engagement.
- Elevate – Add your own thoughts into the curated content before sharing them to establish your brand’s message that aligns with strong conclusions, trends, and social views.
- Blend – At times, it’s good to integrate fresh and curated content to produce a new blend of content to entice your users toward your brand.
- Timeline – It’s a no-brainer. Content curation and sharing is a cyclical process. There is nothing such as ‘the last step.’ Create a timeline for sharing curated content through your marketing channels and stick to that round the year.
Strategies for Maximizing Reach.
- Publish regularly- Create a long list of tuned curated content that will populate your year-long content publishing calendar targeted towards multiple marketing channels.
- Involve social communities – This is the end goal, right? If communities are engaging with your content, then you are definitely on the right track.
- Give them back – Build your communities through trust. Entice your users with mentions, links, offers, and product updates. It’s like building a cathedral from the ground up.
- Be creative – Design awesome titles for your social columns, even if they are populated with curated content. Add your brand’s flavor through creativity.
- Involve your employees – Your employees are your brand’s torchbearers. They represent your brand on different web platforms. Encourage your employees to take part in the communities.
- Be original – Curated content won’t perform its magic for your brand if you haven’t added your perspective to those before sharing.
Quuu has published this infographics based on the benefits of content curation:
Automation Tools for Efficiency.
There are many tools for content curation which are built for different purposes.
- Social Media Aggregators
- Hashtag Aggregators – There are multiple hashtag aggregating tools that allow you to aggregate social content based on popular hashtags.
- Content Aggregators
Similarly, there are other content curation tools for smart curation.
Content Curation: Beyond 2023
According to many content marketing pundits, content curation is rising, and it’s not going anywhere. Even according to SearchEngineWatch, Google may come up with something like ‘Curatorship markup’ to encourage quality content curation across the web.