Building a product is fun. Building a dynamic platform is even more fun. Did you know that Scoop.it has the best engineering team in the entire world, and that they put out a new release of the platform almost every week?
In each of these releases, there are little new features and hacks that aren’t always announced. Some are data-backed and meant to help our team figure out what works and what doesn’t within the platform, but others are little gifts to you, the curators, and I’ve compiled a few so that you can all get up to date on what you might have been missing.
1. Select text of an article in your browser to have that specific text appear as the excerpt in your scoop.
2. Add the RSS feed website you’ve recently scooped from to your suggestion engine directly from the bookmarklet.
3. SlideShare presentations, YouTube videos, Storify stories and other types of content are automatically embedded into scoops.
4. You can get leads & email addresses directly from your topic page.
5. You can export your leads directly to MailChimp for prime nurturing opportunities.
6. Search within a topic using the filter icon.
7. Suggest relevant scoops to other topics to build community.
Pro tip: you can use this feature to promote your content to relevant curators!
8. Change the layout of your page to showcase your personal or business profile and other curated topics.
9. If you’re unsure about where to find relevant quality content, let us know what your topic is and we can find content sources for you.
10. Share links directly back to original content to eliminate the second click for your social media followers.
What did I miss? Leave your Scoop.it pro tips in the comments.