Looking for ways to improve the content you publish? You’re in good hands.
Content curation is a great way to maximize the results of your content marketing efforts that allows you to create more quality content at scale, yet many marketers don’t know how to leverage content curation in their strategies successfully. When used correctly, content curation is a powerful way for marketers to be more efficient and impactful with their content marketing.
What is content curation again?
It’s ok to ask again, it can be confusing. As you learned in last month’s discussion on best practices for content curation in 2016, content curation is a lean content marketing technique that allows marketers to publish more quality content that generates more equivalent results with a smaller investment. To be more specific, content curation involves sourcing, enriching, and publishing 3rd party content that is relevant to your audience. Added benefits of content curation include:
- helps publish more content for less
- helps build relationships with influencers
- adds credibility to the editorial line
Data point: Content curation helps SMB Marketers generate 3.7x the amount of content for the same amount of time and 5.2x the amount of content for the same costs. Source: http://business.scoop.it/content-curation-roi/
How to incorporate content curation into your overall content marketing strategy successfully
Now that you have the basics under your belt, it’s time to talk about how to do online content curation correctly, and how to successfully integrate it into your overall content marketing strategy. In the most recent edition of Express Writers’ The Write Podcast, Guillaume joins Julia McCoy to discuss content curation and shares insights on how marketers can integrate content curation into their greater content marketing strategies for better results.
If you’re interested in learning how to improve the content you publish, this episode is filled with useful insights and actionable tips that will help establish you among other content marketers through valuable, exciting material.
[Podcast recap] How to fit content curation into your overall content marketing strategy
The Write Podcast, Episode 9: How to Fit Content Curation into Your Content Marketing Strategy Successfully
Highlights of the podcast:
- How online marketing has shifted over the past 5 years from traditional techniques to content-based marketing
- How content curation is a great way to help marketers publish more quality content at scale
- How technology and integrated content marketing software like Scoop.it Content Director can help marketers be better at content creation and more efficient in their overall content marketing efforts
- How to determine the efficiency of your content marketing and why it matters for your overall content marketing success
- How to incorporate content curation into your content marketing strategy to generate more ROI
- How content curation can help even inexperienced marketers share better content
- The importance of optimizing the entire content marketing lifecycle for success
- The importance of measuring content ROI
- How re-sharing content can help your brand gain more visibility
- Why SMBs are trending toward embracing content marketing
- and more!
For additional insights from the podcast, you can check out the full transcript from Express Writers here.
As always, if you have questions, comments, or anything you’d like to add about content curation, let us know in the comments below!
And if you’d like to see how content marketing can help you improve SEO, you should read this eBook!