Much of the returns that brands are able to drive through their email marketing campaigns ultimately boils down to the merit of their copy. If the text in your email lacks tooth and edge, the communication of your campaigns will always be half-baked, irrespective of how much awe and appeal your visuals pack. Naturally, thus, businesses are continuously looking for ways to enhance their email copywriting heft in a bid to position themselves heads and shoulders above their competitors comfortably. Luckily, over the last year, a technology has come about that promises to elevate their email copywriting endeavors to unparalleled heights of excellence- generative AI.
Ever since OpenAI’s ChatGPT launched on November 30, 2022, it has compelled pretty much everyone to tinker around with it and regale their near and dear ones with its impressive capabilities. Around February of this year, ChatGPT set the record for being the fastest-growing consumer application in history, having reached a staggering 100 million monthly active users merely a couple of months post its launch- a resounding testimony to its efficiency at capturing imaginations at large. While admittedly generative AI tools are still at a nascent stage, the immense possibilities that they pack have urged businesses, small, medium, and large, to incorporate it into their email copywriting scheme of things.
Wish to hop onto this bandwagon, too? Well, you’re just at the right place, then! Today, we will discuss the advantages of AI-powered email copywriting along with listing a few AI copywriting tools (besides ChatGPT) that you can consider adding to your armor. Read on to find out!
Why Embrace AI Email Copywriting?
Let’s take a look at the various ways in which using AI tools for email copywriting can benefit your business.
Faster Turnaround Time
For an email copywriter, no two days are the same. On some, the words flow enthusiastically, as if cheered along by a balmy summer breeze, while on others, the sinister writers’ block spreads itself as an impervious haze over the buttons of your keyboard, calling a halt on output of any kind. With generative AI tools at your disposal, you stand to reduce the occurrence of the latter substantially. You see, even when you don’t have a definitive idea of what your copy should look like, you still have a vague whisper swirling around in your head, right? For an AI tool, that’s enough. Feed that faint shadow of your idea to it and have it yield a few preliminary drafts for you. Now, these drafts will be riddled with imperfections, of course, but they will still be able to offer you the fuel you need to ignite your creative tanks.
The more you get acquainted with these tools, the better you will get at leveraging them to combat creative blocks. Ultimately, this will enable you to improve your productivity and stay on top of your deadlines. A word of caution: always take care to subject the drafts generated by AI tools to human intervention. At the moment, the content produced by them lacks originality, spontaneity, and accuracy. Hence, to make it personable so that it is able to strike a chord among your readers, you must have it vetted by an experienced content professional, preferably someone who’s well-versed with your brand tone and personality.
Personalization, Like Never Before
The only way to get yourself noticed across buzzing inboxes is personalization; this is common knowledge at this point. That said, it is also important to contend with the paradigmatic changes that personalization itself has undergone over the years. Tactics such as addressing the buyer using their first name are considered dated now; effective personalization techniques are those that speak directly to the interests, preferences, and pain points of the audience, essentially sparking a dialogue with them.
During high-traffic junctures such as the holiday season, hyper-personalization becomes necessary, and now, with the advent of generative AI, we are very likely to witness another evolution on this front. Building on our existing personalization habits, like directly utilizing the buyer’s data and segmenting contact lists, generative AI tools will empower you to practice hyper-personalization at scale, to the extent of crafting tailored content for each and every individual on your email list. Sounds exciting, doesn’t it? Imagine the kind of customer relationships such type of content will help you build!
Increased Quality of Communication
The widespread adoption of generative AI tools for email copywriting is likely to lead to an overall increase in the quality of brand communication. This is primarily on account of the following two reasons.
- Acting as ideal writing assistants, AI copywriting tools take care of much of the grunt work that is associated with the writing process. Subsequently, this will allow copywriters to divert more time toward honing their craft and consolidating their compositional and storytelling prowess. Better copywriters will, of course, lead to better email copies, which, in turn, will usher in significantly better engagement, interaction, and conversions.
- Content generated by AI tools carries a certain degree of standardization, and more and more businesses have to take this into account as they embrace AI-powered email copywriting. Gradually, as AI email copywriting transcends to becoming the norm from the “exciting new thing,” this strain of standardization will cause all businesses to sound the same. This will ultimately push marketers to regard their relationship with their customers extremely closely in order to introduce specific markers into their communication, which an AI will never be able to achieve. What this will result in is a paradigm of brand communication that is highly sensitive and mature, for it is centered solely around the unique values accrued by both the brand as well as the customer from their relationship over the years.
AI Copywriting Tools You Ought to Make a Note of
With so many AI tools out there, selecting one that suits your goals and objectives can get rather tricky. To help with your decision-making process, thus, we talk about a few top-notch AI email copywriting tools in this section. Take a look.
- Copy.ai: Armed with an extremely user-friendly interface, Copy.ai is recognized for its ability to yield content that comes close to emulating a human-like pulse. The tool is adept at writing copies that abide by established frameworks (PAS, AIDA, etc.), and its pro version can even produce content in multiple languages.
- Wordtune: Wordtune offers highly precise content suggestions ranging from fixing grammatical errors to altering the tone can help you elevate the level of your copy and draft emails that are guaranteed to leave an impact on your audience.
- Jasper: Armed with a decent-sized library of in-built content templates, Jasper empowers you to get the ball rolling without sparing a second. By soliciting feedback from the user regarding the output it generates, Jasper essentially trains itself perpetually, thereby assuring regular improvements.
- Copysmith: Copysmith makes it easy for businesses to generate copy that aligns perfectly with their brand tone. Equipped with a comprehensive suite of features, Copysmith is just the tool you need to fulfill your content objectives.
Wrapping It Up
It’d not be wrong to say that with respect to AI email copywriting, we have just scratched the tip of the iceberg at the moment. To understand the various possibilities associated with this subject, we got talking with a host of esteemed professionals in the email marketing field. To read their responses, check out this infographic!